T-Shirts & Stuff
Visit Olive-Drab.com's sister site for
over 8,000 free military vehicle photos!
M-20 Armored Utility Car
The open-top Car, Armored, Utility 6x6 M20 has the same chassis as the M8 Armored Car, but the M8 turret and 37mm main gun are not installed on the M20. The M20 was intended as a command and reconnaissance vehicle and so was equipped for the installation of radio equipment. The crew consisted of a driver and assistant driver plus the vehicle could carry an additional four soldiers.
A .50 cal. machine gun was provided on a ring mount. Additional machine guns could be mounted and the M20 carried ammunition for the machine guns as well as for crew weapons. Like the M8 Armored Car, the early M20s had mine racks between the wheels but these were later replaced with storage compartments.
M20 Armored 6x6 Utility Car (G-176)
The M20 Armored 6x6 Utility Car was produced in Ford's plant in St. Paul, MN from July 1943 to June 1945, where a total of 3,791 were manufactured. The M20 was used during World War II and early in the Korean War.
Manuals for the M20 Armored 6x6 Utility Car (and in common with the G-136 M8) include: