T-Shirts & Stuff
Visit Olive-Drab.com's sister site for
over 8,000 free military vehicle photos!
M-8 Greyhound 6x6 Light Armored Car
The Car, Armored, Light, 6x6 M8 (called the Greyhound by the British) was equipped with a 37mm main gun plus two machine guns: one .30 cal. mounted coaxially with the main gun plus one .50 cal. anti-aircraft gun mounted on the turret. The M-8 Greyhound was produced in Ford's plant in St. Paul, MN from July 1943 to June 1945, with a production total of about 8,500 vehicles.
The side racks on the M8, between the front and rear wheels, originally held land mines, three on each side. The land mine racks were later replaced with enclosed storage boxes.
The M8 was closely related to the open-top M20 Armored Utility Car, also produced by Ford.
M-8 Greyhound 6x6 Armored Car (G-136)
Manuals for the M-8 Armored Car (and in common with the G-176 M20) include:
Find additional photos and hi-res versions of the M-8 Greyhound 6x6 Armored Car at the Olive-Drab Military Mashup:
M-8 Greyhound 6x6 Armored Car Photo Gallery