From 1957 to 1964, Willys (then owned by Kaiser Jeep Corporation) produced a series of military trucks based on the Forward Control FC-170 commercial truck. The four military variants were:
• M676 - Cab plus open cargo body
• M677 - Four door crew cab plus shorter cargo body
• M678 - Van body with windows
• M679 - Van body without windows, ambulance
Over the lifetime of the FC series, Willys built an estimated 1000 military FCs in the four variants, primarily delivered to the U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps in 1964. Most of the military FC trucks were M677 with the crew cab.
Restored M677 owned by Timothy Burk, front view. The six slot grill has one wide slot for mounting lights, a feature only found on the military FC trucks. Photo courtesy of Timothy Burk.