WW II Ford GP Jeep at Fort Holabird in 1942
Colonel H.J. Lawes, Post Commander, Holabird Quartermaster Depot and commandant of the quartermaster motor transport school at the wheel of a prototype jeep, model Ford GP. The original jeep was tested there in 1941. This photo is dated 1942. About 4,500 Ford GPs were produced, superseded by the standard World War II jeep, the Willys MB and nearly identical Ford GPW. Fort Holabird is in Baltimore, MD.