World War II ETO Women War Correspondents, 1943
This photo was taken 1 February 1943 in London, England by a U.S. Army Signal Corps photographer. It shows a group of women War Correspondents working in the ETO (European Theatre of Operations.) Note the "C" armband on their uniforms designating a Correspondent. The Signal Corps logo is on the lower left and the photo ID number (partially cropped) on the lower right.
The women are identified as (L to R):
- Mary Welch: NY, Time and Life
- Dixie Tighe: NY, International
- Kathleen Harriman: NY, Newsweek
- Helen Kirkpatrick: Rochester, NY, Chicago Daily News
- Lee Miller: Poughkeepsie, NY, Vogue
- Tania Long: Westport, CT, N.Y. Times
Kathleen Harriman was the 25-year-old daughter of US Ambassador to the USSR, W. Averell Harriman.
Download a larger version: 2103x1633 pixels (523KB file). Click Add to Cart: