Today in WW II: 17 Jan 1945 Soviet troops capture Warsaw from German Army Group A who had occupied the city.   

Autocar U-5044-T Tractor, 5-ton, 4x4 (G-635)

The Autocar U-5044-T Tractor, 5-ton, 4x4 (G-635) was produced in 1940 and 1941 as a line haul tractor, primarily to tow fuel trucks. Only 97 were manufactured.

The U-5044-T was powered by Autocar's 377 cu. in., 100hp 6cyl gasoline engine. It had a maximum towed load capacity of 30,000 lbs.

Autocar U-5044-T Tractor, 5-ton, 4x4 G-635.  Photo taken 15 April 1941
Autocar U-5044-T Tractor, 5-ton, 4x4. Photo taken 15 April 1941.

privacy policy