The M-114 155mm Towed Howitzer was first produced in 1942 as the M1 Howitzer. After WW II it was redesignated as the Howitzer, Medium, Towed 155mm, M114. It was a mainstay of the Army's field artillery for 40 years, including its use in World War II, the Korean War and in Vietnam.
The M114 was produced as the M114A2 variant by Rock Island Arsenal and was replaced by the M198 howitzer starting in 1982.
The M-114 required a crew of 11 men, had a range of 14 miles, and could maintain a sustained rate of fire of 40 rounds per hour.