Today in WW II: 21 Aug 1941 President Franklin Roosevelt informs the US Congress on the content of the Atlantic Charter.  More 
21 Aug 1943 Southeast Asia Command (SEAC) set up as Supreme Allied command for Asia, with British Admiral Lord Louis Mountbatten as Supreme Allied Commander.
21 Aug 1944 US Army Transportation Corps creates the huge Red Ball Express trucking operation, moving supplies to the ETO front around the clock.
Visit the Olive-Drab.com World War II Timeline for day-by-day events 1939-1945! See also WW2 Books.

Mack NO 7 1/2 Ton 6x6 Truck (G-532)

The combat "N Series" were the first military 6x6 trucks by Mack. The Mack NO was designed as a prime mover for heavy artillery, with a soft top cab for a five man crew. The models NO-1 through NO-7, starting in 1943 with total production about 2000.

A Gar Wood 5MB 40,000 lb. winch was mounted in front and a hoist was mounted at the rear of the bed as a power assist for joining the gun trails of the towed artillery. The cargo body was made of wood.

The huge Mack NO 7 1/2 Ton 6x6 Truck (G532) weighed almost 30,000 lbs empty, could load another 10 tons and pull 25 tons. It was powered by the Mack EY 6 cyl. 707 cid engine with 159hp@2100rpm and 534ft-lb of torque at 800rpm. It had a 5 speed transmission mated to a two speed transfer case.

Manuals for this series of trucks include:

  • Parts List: ORD 9 G532
  • Operators Manual and Maintenance: TM 10-1679

Find additional photos and hi-res versions of the Mack NO 7 1/2 Ton 6x6 Truck at the Olive-Drab Military Mashup.

Thanks to Nico van Gaalen, Rijswijk, Holland, for help with this page.

Mack NO 7 1/2 Ton 6x6 Truck Photo Gallery

Mack NO 7 1/2 Ton 6x6 Truck (G532) with 155mm 'Long Tom' Towed Gun, 16th Field Artillery Brigade, March 1943
Mack NO 7 1/2 Ton 6x6 Truck (G532) with 155mm 'Long Tom' Towed Gun, 16th Field Artillery Brigade, March 1943.

Mack NO 7 1/2 Ton 6x6 Truck (G532) with M36 machine gun ring mount, Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD, February 1944
Mack NO 7 1/2 Ton 6x6 Truck (G532) with M36 machine gun ring mount, Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD, February 1944.