COTS CEP: Body Specs PISTOL
Body Specs PISTOL Spectacles. Photo courtesy Body Specs.
COTS Combat Eye Protection: Body Specs PISTOL Spectacles
- Adjustable nosepiece provides some degree of custom fit.
- Interchangeable lenses have anti-fog and scratch resistant coatings.
- Streamlined design fits the face closely and tightly.
- Can be worn with an included elastic strap under the helmet.
- Weight is 1.1 ounces, Lightweight rigid thermoplastic frame.
- Optional prescription insert available for soldiers who require prescription lenses.
- One size fits all.
- Ballistic-fragment protection meets MIL-PRF-31013 requirements.
- Compliant with all ANSI Z87.1-2003 optical performance and protection requirements.
- Clear and sunglass lenses offer 100% Ultra Violet protection.
- Does not provide laser hazard protection.
- Frame: Black PC Polycarbonate with temple arms.
- Ballistic Lens: 2.1 mm polycarbonate lens (clear & neutral state (sunglass))
- Elastic Headband: Black adjustable elastic.
- Storage Case: Constructed of a semi hard nylon; fitted with clip-on and 2 belt loops for
personnel carry, lens storage compartment, & separate frame and headband storage.
The Body Specs PISTOL is commercially available protective eyewear for non-prescription lens wearers. The PISTOL provides ballistic and UVA/UVB eye protection; has an adjustable nosepiece to provide some degree of custom fit; has an interchangeable lens system that provides ballistic fragment protection; has anti-fog/scratch resistant coatings; has a streamlined design to fit the face closely and tightly; and can be worn with an included elastic strap under the helmet. The PISTOL comes with 2 ballistic polycarbonate lenses (neutral slate/ clear). Each lens is 2.1mm thick and clear coated with anti-fog solution and scratch resistant coating. The PISTOL weighs 1.1 ounces. The lens has a nominal thickness that provides ballistic-fragment protection, and meets United States military eyewear ballistic impact requirements and all American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Z87.1-2003 safety requirements. Size: One size fits all, with adjustable nosepiece.
Body Specs PISTOL provides excellent ballistic protection, but does not provide eye protection from laser hazards. If a mission requires laser eye protection, the soldier must wear the Sun-Wind-Dust Goggles (SWDG), Ballistic-Laser Protective Spectacles (B-LPS), or Special Protective Eyewear Cylindrical System (SPECS) (with laser lenses).
NSN Table for Body Specs PISTOL Spectacles Components
|Body Specs PISTOL Kit
|Body Specs PISTOL Clear Replacement Lens
|Body Specs PISTOL Body Specs PISTOL Neutral Slate Replacement Lens
|Body Specs PISTOL Replacement Frame (includes temples and strap)
|Body Specs PISTOL Replacement Elastic Strap
|Body Specs PISTOL Replacement Nosepiece
|Body Specs PISTOL Replacement Case
Find More Information on the Internet
There are many fine websites that have additional information on this
topic, too many to list here and too many to keep up with as they come and go.
Use this Google web search form to get an up to date report of what's out there.
For good results, try entering this: body specs pistol. Then click the Search button.