Oakley SI M Frame (Military)
Oakley SI M Frame (Military). Photo courtesy Oakley Inc.
Oakley SI M Frame (Military)
- Lightweight military design is compatibility with PASGT, CVC and MICH helmets.
- Expanded peripheral vision and enhanced protection is provided via lateral contouring.
- Lens (interchangeable) geometry minimizes refraction and allows extended upper/lower/lateral viewing fields.
- Three-point fit design minimizes the need for adjustment and improves comfort.
- Weight is 1.05 ounces.
- One size fits all.
- Ballistic-fragment protection meets MIL-PRF-31013 requirements.
- Compliant with all ANSI Z87.1-2003 optical performance and protection requirements.
- Clear and sunglass lenses offer 100% Ultra Violet protection.
- Does not provide laser hazard protection.
- Frame: Black.
- Ballistic Lens: Plutonite® (Grey and Clear Strike).
- Elastic Headband: Black adjustable elastic.
- Storage Case: Microclear storage/cleaning bag and storage case.
The Oakley SI (Standard Issue) is military protective eyewear designed exclusively for government customers to meet special requirements. It is not available in retail stores. The Oakley SI M Frame® surpasses ANSI Industrial Standards for high-mass and high-velocity impact protection. All lenses are made of pure Plutonite®, a proprietary material that offers the highest level of optical clarity available in eyewear. The user gets razor-sharp clarity at all angles of view, which maximize peripheral vision and protection against sun, wind and side impact.
Oakley SI M Frame (Military) Ballistic Spectacles are commercially available protective eyewear for nonprescription lens wearers. Oakley SI M Frame lenses must not be ground for prescription wearers, this process reduces ballistic protection to an unacceptable level, prescription lens wearers should use UVEX XC Ballistic Goggles with prescription inserts. The Oakley SI M Frame (Military) design is compatible with the Advanced Combat Helmet and offers expanded peripheral vision and enhanced protection is provided via lateral contouring. The lens geometry minimizes refraction and allows extended upper/lower/lateral viewing fields. The frame with lens installed weights 1.05 ounce. One size fits all.
Oakley SI M Frame (Military) provides excellent ballistic protection, but does not provide eye protection from laser hazards. If a mission requires laser eye protection, the soldier must wear the Sun-Wind-Dust Goggles (SWDG), Ballistic-Laser Protective Spectacles (B-LPS), or Special Protective Eyewear Cylindrical System (SPECS) (with laser lenses).
NSN Table for Oakley SI M Frame (Military) Components
|Oakley SI M Frame Kit (Faceshield, Industrial)
|Oakley SI M Frame Strike Clear Replacement Lens
|Oakley SI M Frame Strike Gray Replacement Lens
|Oakley SI M Frame Replacement Storage Case
|Oakley SI M Frame Micro Bags
Find More Information on the Internet
There are many fine websites that have additional information on this
topic, too many to list here and too many to keep up with as they come and go.
Use this Google web search form to get an up to date report of what's out there.
For good results, try entering this: oakley si m frame. Then click the Search button.